Sunday, November 13, 2011

Rigor

A clear definition of rigor has eluded me for much of my teaching career. I have heard people toss the term around, but I never held a concrete definition. As I sat in a rigor professional development last week I burst into laughter, professional I know, as the presenter stated there was no clear definition of rigor. 
I've spent most of my career paranoid that I was a insufficient teacher because I couldn't define the term, but could only describe examples of rigor.

Now that I have a clear picture of what rigor is, yet no concrete definition. I am planning a rigor professional development for the teachers at my school. I wonder if they will find it as ironic that something that is all the rage in education has no true definition as I do.
Once I put everything together, I will post it here for people to have as a rigor resource. 





No comments:

Post a Comment